Monday 5 March 2012

Week 1's assignment

The first part of the assignment I found rather hard. I found it hard for several reasons; one being narrowing down my daughters interests to just 3 details and another being how to present the details. I chose to group all the details together without her in the picture. I then focused on the main part of the photo on her big interest at the moment which is planes. I chose to then have the other two details a little blurred in the background. As a novice to this whole process I am not sure how it turned out really but it was good to think about taking photos in this way for her to look at in the future.

The second part of the assignment I found easier. As most 18mth olds, Anthea is always on the go so taking a shot of her doing something is not too hard. I took these shots out the back when she was just playing as normal. We had been had been having bad weather ( in fact I think this was one of the only times last week it was not raining very much). I therfore had to content with light rain outside, dark clouds, and also watching Anthea play on the swing set. Some of the shots I took were not focused properly because I was also paying attention to her safety or just not quick enough for the shot I wanted. I did remember Brooke saying in one of the videos that you don't have to take a million shots and sometimes you just need to sit and wait.


I hope everyone has a good week. Happy photographing everyone
Gemma

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how she's peeking through that ladder. Fun shot!

    ReplyDelete