Sunday 11 March 2012

Week 2's assignment

Point of view.
This week I chose to take pictures of Anthea having her afternoon tea on my husbands and my bed. This is a semi regular thing she does after her nap time. I did this shoot twice I have to admit. The first time I did it there were some really lovely shots and I was so happy until I realised that the bar from the bed head was head height in every shot so it looked like she had a bar coming out of her head. Argg!
The second time I struggled a bit with the lighting and also getting to focus on the right spot for the shot. Sometimes the focus was just a little off or she moved.
I am not happy that I left a hairband in the corner of the bedhead though : -(



Deatails
I struggled with this one this week as I did a bit last week. This week when I had planned to go out during Anthea's sleep time either my husband need to go out or it was raining. I then came up with another plan but the littlest one was grumpy and clinging to me as I tried to do the shot. What I had planned to do in my head did not turn out that well. I wanted to document Anthea's room. We painted it ourselves and thought it would be nice to have. I did not do my idea justice. I struggled again with the lighting, and focusing on what I wanted to get on the shot. Oh well practise, practise and more practise.

3 comments:

  1. She is a doll, and you've done such a great job making her room fun! I think it's great that you recognized the bar behind her head and tried to fix it. It's frustrating when your second shoot doesn't go as well, though. The first pic is my absolute favorite of the bunch. I love the view... like we're peeking in secretly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Mindy. I am definately not a professional photographer in the making that is for sure : -).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mindy ... the first shot is great! You captured her as if she was all alone with her tea :) Great job Gemma!

    ReplyDelete